PIXEL has installed and commissioned 255 mobile ticket machines in all busses belonging to BKM (Białystok Public Transportation). Implementation of cashless payment system in Białystok ensures full automation of payment process without printing the paper tickets.
Starting from April 1, 2020, the users in Białystok can benefit from numerous functions:
– The possibility to buy single-ride, short-term and season tickets in every ticket machine.
– The possibility to top up the e-Purse on the Białystok City Card.
– The possibility to collect and save on the Białystok City Card all tickets purchased via www.ekarta.bialystok.pl
– The possibility to link a payment card with a personal account on the website in order to check, among others, the transaction history.
It is possible to use the following payment methods:
– Contactless credit card,
– Mobile payment apps such as Google Pay, Apple Pay or Garmin Pay,
– E-Purse on the Białystok City Card,
– Via online payment system BLIK.
Where payment is made by credit/debit card or via mobile phone or watch, an amount lower than 100 PLN shall be paid without PIN authorisation.
The electronic tickets purchased with the use of a payment card, mobile phone, watch or Białystok City Card in a ticket machine, are saved in a cloud-based infrastructure. Ticket control of the passengers is simple and is verified by touching the reader with the medium (a card, phone or watch) that was used to purchase the ticket. This method is completely safe since the bus ticket inspectors do not have any access to the sensitive data of the passenger except the information about the purchased tickets.
When the payment is made via BLIK, a ticket with 2D code will be printed and must be shown in a case of ticket control.
As a part of project, the website https://www.biletomaty.bialystok.pl has been created. This informational and educational content will help to understand the ticket machine services, ticket control procedures and provides more details in the FAQ section.
New, refreshed version of www.ekarta.bialystok.pl, will have its premiere soon, where in addition to the current features it will be possible top up e-Purse, check the transaction history. The next major step will be to verify the transaction processed through the Mass Transit Transaction (MTT) model. Thanks to this function, it will be possible to introduce a new fare, and hence, charge only for the actual distance covered by a passenger.
„The project implemented by Pixel includes the delivery of the devices which will be used for the next 8 years. Today’s launch of the system is a result of the hard work throughout the whole project. I would like to thank the whole team that participated in the project. Your skills, know-how, dedication and perfect work organization lead us to the success” – said Dariusz Wittkowicz, Sales Director at PIXEL Sp. z o.o.
The solution implemented by Pixel Sp. z o.o. has been integrated with the following services:
– Central electronic ticket system SECAM operated by Białystok City Hall in Białystok,
– www.ekarta.bialystok.pl, website dedicated for selling urban transport tickets,
– Mobile application INSPEKTOR for ticket control implemented by Beesset Sp. z o. o.
These services together create a comprehensive and integrated payment system for public transport services.